At CML Healthcare, protecting the privacy and security of personal information is essential and is fundamental to our values and to the way we do business.
CML Healthcare currently has privacy policies and practices in place that meet the requirements of all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Privacy legislation requires organizations to have such policies, practices and programs in place that demonstrate the strong, commonly accepted privacy standard that the public expects. These laws are generally based on the Canadian Standards Association’s
Code for the Protection of Personal Information (CAN/CSA-Q830-96). CML Healthcare incorporates these principles into our business practices:
- Accountability: We are all accountable to protect the privacy of the personal information in our care. CML Healthcare trains its employees to follow written privacy policies and operational procedures, and also performs ongoing reviews of our privacy practices.
- Identifying Purposes: CML Healthcare identifies the purposes for which it collects, uses and discloses personal information at or before the time it is collected from an individual.
- Consent: CML Healthcare obtains an individual’s consent before we collect, use or disclose personal information. There are some situations where CML Healthcare uses implied consent (for example, when CML Healthcare provides services at the request of a healthcare practitioner).
- Limiting Collection: CML Healthcare collects only the personal information that we need in order to provide services and manage the business. This information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: CML Healthcare uses or discloses personal information only for identified purposes, or with the consent of the individual, or as permitted or required by law. CML Healthcare retains this information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
- Accuracy: CML Healthcare collects and maintains personal information that is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible to be used for the identified purposes.
- Safeguards: CML Healthcare has appropriate physical, technical and procedural safeguards in place to protect personal information.
- Openness: CML Healthcare provides and maintains publicly accessible information about our privacy practices.
- Individual Access: Upon written request, CML Healthcare informs individuals of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information. When appropriate, CML Healthcare provides access to that information and allows the individual to question its accuracy and completeness.
- Challenging Compliance: Individuals may direct concerns regarding CML Healthcare’ compliance with these principles to our Privacy Office. Reported concerns will be investigated and we will reply to each request.
CML Healthcare remains firmly committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information in our care.
For further information regarding our Privacy Program, please contact our Privacy and Security Officer , or send an e-mail to our confidential mailbox at
CML Healthcare Privacy and Security Officer
Privacy & Security Officer
100 International Blvd.Toronto, Ontario, M9W 6J6
Phone: 416-675-4530 x. 2873